People have been talking about it and suggesting to their friends, some say it’s a good reminder not to do it, but some say its a sensitive topic for others and especially teenagers who are watching it alone. What am I talking about? Its the new TV series produced by Selena Gomez at Netflix called 13 Reasons Why.
Its about this teenage girl called Hannah Baker who committed suicide and left behind 13 tapes of which explaining why she committed suicide. The plot of the story unravels itself through the life of Clay while he listens to the tapes.
So back to the title of this blog post, I think that the show is quite sensitive to watch for others who have had their loved ones commit suicide and it is suggesting as well that professionals are not able to handle situations like these based on the show.
So now I want to make a list of 13 Reasons Why not to
- You were born for a reason. You have a purpose in life. Don’t waste the breathe of life that God has given you.
- Your family is there to guide and support you! They may be arguing and busy all the time but they mean well. Take your time to grab their attention and have that intimate conversation with your parents.
- Your family loves you very much! Even if you feel like the whole world is against you and even if your friends abandon you…your family will take a stand and will always be there for you.
- Your friends are there for you to confide in, but also be aware that not all your friends will be sincere in listening, some are just what I call acquaintances. Real friends stand beside you no matter what!
- You have so much potential and energy in you. Opportunities will arise and if you hate your part-time job right now, find a new one that suits your taste. You have a choice to not feel horrible all the time. Many job prospects are there, just go and look for one.
- Love yourself first! Find what interest you and pursue it! Don’t let yourself to conform in the patterns of this world. Be YOU! Be Unique!
- Someone you know may feel the same as you! Take that time to empathize with someone and you may even save someones life in the end. Be part of the solution!
- Take time to think about the positive aspects in your life! You have a home, a family, you have the education, not all children have that, broaden your perspectives. Be thankful of what you have, not what you don’t.
- Life will never be the same without you.
- Look at the positives in life. Don’t dwell on the negatives. Life is never easy but it’s worth it.
- You are well beyond your teenage years! You are young and beautiful! High school may be horrible right now but persevere and endure, college is almost there. Where everyone will go their separate ways and they won’t even remember your name after they have been busy with their own separate lives.
- You are wonderfully and fearfully made.”(Psalm 139)
- God loves You. Yes, you! God knows everything, He created you to be his masterpiece. God’s wonderful thoughts about you outnumber the grains of sand. Read (Psalm 139)