I remember my mother coming home from work and having bought those soft banana muffins at Richtree restaurant. Then I started to crave for more and in a few months, I got my hands on a simple yet tasty recipe. Make sure to read the notes that I have made below. Let me know how it goes & remember to have fun!
Banana Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (3 medium) mashed ripe bananas
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth.
- Blend in mashed bananas.
- In second bowl, stir flour with baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add to banana mixture, stirring only to moisten.
- Transfer to greased loaf pan (9 x 5 x 3 inch).
- Bake in 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for about 1 hour.
- When done, Let stand for 10 minutes. Remove from loaf pan and place on cake rack to cool.
- I usually use about 5-6 bananas. Freeze some bananas and defrost when ripened and add this to the recipe for more banana taste.
- Add cinnamon sugar to the greased pan, it will turn out great with a cinnamon edge when you cut the banana bread.
- When doubling the recipe, instead of using 1 cup of butter, use 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil. (The butter wont overpower the banana bread when doing this.)
- Remember to use bananas that are over ripened, (they are also cheaper) and try to use organic bananas for a more healthier choice.